Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day.
I can’t imagine a time when acts of kindness have felt more needed, with so many of us feeling isolated, lonely, and depressed.
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation website lists a multitude of ideas.
Here are some of my favorites that are easy to do while staying socially distant:
- Send a positive text message to five different people right now.
- Donate old towels or blankets to a shelter.
- Surprise a neighbor with freshly baked cookies or treats!
- Leave unused coupons next to corresponding products in the grocery store.
- Leave a note on someone’s car telling them how awesome they parked.
- Send a gratitude email to a coworker who deserves more recognition.
- Give away stuff for free on online marketplaces.
- Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it. Say it.
- Email or write to a former teacher who made a difference in your life.
If you’re looking for ways to make a difference in the lives of others in our Greater MetroWest community, Federation has the perfect solution!
Tomorrow we’re launching and opening registration for our first-ever CommUNITY Mitzvah Month – from March 15 to April 16 – an entire month offering lots of different ways for volunteers of all ages to get involved and make an impact. Just one example is the Passover Food Drive in which volunteers will help shop for and pack hundreds of bags of kosher for Passover food for people in need across our community. Watch your email and Federation’s social media tomorrow for details.
And, as always, know that supporting Federation with a gift to our Annual Campaign will provide vital relief for all who are counting on us during these difficult times. Thanks to two generous donors, right now your support will be matched 100%, up to $500,000! Just make a gift before April 30 and you’ll immediately double your impact with any new or increased gift. You can Unlock the Good here!